Saturday, December 06, 2014

Twas the news before Christmas...

With a title like that you're wondering what news? Well, the news is not fun news. The position I got hired for this school year as an Educational Assistant was suddenly cut in half and made a new p/t permanent position which is still waiting for internal applicants to apply to first before I get a crack at it. I found this our almost 4 weeks ago. Yes this is the speed of the school board, 4 weeks and still no news an what my future will be. Will I be able to apply to the position I'm working in and then have to find part time work to go with it? Or will I end up right back on the supply list for the year? Just when you think life is set, everything changes. Other personal matters have happened during this time too and it makes a believer ask, "Okay, what's going on God?" You pray for direction and it seems to be silence. What do you do?

My wife and I have been praying for the future, and I have been applying for positions, but really, by Christmas who knows? I could be back to being just a supply person. Nice huh? That combined with my other personal things? Merry Christmas right? It's easy to fall into the pity party trap and get depressed, it would be easy to blame God, it would be easy to give up. But as believers we don't do that. We cling to out faith in God and that's what my family and I are doing right now. I thank God I am still with LIFE 100.3 doing Ask The Pastor and Saturdays and importing teaching shows. As for the pastorate? Who knows? Everything is up in the air. God knows what's going on... and yes I'll admit I wish He'd let me in on it! But this falls back to trust. Do we trust God when the rug's been pulled out from underneath you? I have quoted Job on more than one occasion during all this, Job 1:21 - 2220 At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship 21 and said:
“Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
    and naked I will depart.[c]
The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
    may the name of the Lord be praised.” (or blessed be the name of the Lord  and blessed be Your name as translations and the songs say)


22 In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.

I want to be known that through my trials I did not charge God with wrongdoing. As I said the temptation is hard to do that when going through it. I know we go through these things to minister to others in their hour of need. So I would ask for your prayers as I walk through this with my family. I know God will provide as He promises to provide for His own. I hope being this open helps others. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment