Thursday, February 14, 2013

Family Day BLOG - Who are my family?




In honour of Family Day...


Family Day is Monday, and in honour of that, I thought I would ask the question... Who are my family? Jesus has an answer...


Matthew 12:47-49 (NIV-1984)

47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.” 48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

Was Jesus being mean? No. He was making a point about the family of God. Yes our physical family is important down here, for sure, no doubt. Never neglect them. But where does family stop? According to Jesus our family extends to anyone who is a believer. Male or female. Old and young. Think about that, as believers we have a HUGE family to celebrate! The family of God! It's no coincidence that wherever we go in the world, as soon as two people find out they're Christians, they can relate in a way that no other people can - because they're family!

This Family Day, yes, by all means celebrate with your family. But for those who are distant from parents or kids or siblings, etc. Just remember, Family Day can be celebrated with anyone who is a believer! You don't have to be alone! We are part of the biggest family on Earth! In history! 

Have a great Family Day everyone! God bless!
May our Abba, our heavenly Daddy, be with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment