Sunday, January 20, 2013

Christmas Memories

Dec 2, 2010, 7:03pm

I remember growing up and how my parents did the "Santa" thing for us and made it so fun. As a kid I remember my mom's Christmas party she threw every year for years, and one year as a little child a friend of the family looking out the window and seeing the red light of a plane and yelling out for us kids, "Look! There goes Rudolph! Better get to bed quick!" We ran upstairs and got to bed and I don't think I ever fell asleep so fast - maybe the first night as a parent from being overtired? My mom threw these great Christmas Eve parties at our place and they were always packed with friends from church. Sometimes we sung carols, sometimes watched Christmas specials, but always lots of food and egg nogg (not the spiked kind of course).

Today, for our kids we let our kids enjoy the fun of Santa, but remind them that all good gifts come from above, and that we give gifts to each other to honour Jesus. We have a birthday cake for Jesus and sing "Happy Birthday" to Him. We also say their gifts come from Jesus Himself. They help decorate the tree and the outside with us too. We always a nativity scene out front - our is the Mary and Joseph we bought from Canadian Tire that light up so everyone can see we celebrate the traditional Christmas.

So Merry Christmas to everyone if I don't blog again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment